<< | ## | Fiction Bloggers | >> | ??

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Background on UNTITLED 7 (aka. Read Me First)

If you've seen my blog, Baby Blue Spider, you've probably seen how I struggle and rejoice in the writing process. At some point I may even mention Untitled 7, my new novel. If you haven't, check it out and come back. Here's the direct link: http://www.babybluespider.blogspot.com/

Welcome back!

I'm working on a novel project which I'm calling UNTITLED 7. It's the first novel I've written (of seven, could you tell?) in a long time, and it's the first one ever written in the first-person perspective.

Because it's first-person, I have been left without a voice for one of my characters, R. Lee Munson. Oh, sure, R. Lee gets around. But his character is primarily described by the protagonist, Robert Helper, and other characters in the story. He doesn't get a chance to speak for himself -- except in dialog.

So, this blog is his chance. Each entry will serve as a snippet of an "alternate chapter" of UNTITLED 7, featuring the perspective of my antagonist, R. Lee Munson. I should warn you, he's not a nice guy. The nice guy is the I in the page-print novel. As R. Lee would say, "There ain't no room for him here."

I should also point out a couple of other things: 1) UNTITLED 7 and The Munson Chapters are works of fiction; 2) Any similarities between these characters and real people, living or dead, is purely coincidental; 3) The Munson Chapters will not, when they are finished, constitute a full story. For that, you'd have to read UNTITLED 7.

Oh, and I should point out that what you read here is to be considered VERY VERY ROUGH. This is free-form fiction without the generosity of editing or time. That stuff is reserved for UNTITLED 7. Side note to that: The "D" and number after a title indicate what draft the chapter is.

That's it. I hope you enjoy The Munson Chapters enough to want more, and I hope I can give you the opportunity to some day read UNTITLED 7.

No comments: